Saturday, February 18, 2012

#5 An ISS Story by R, inspired by the @astro_ron @nasatweetup

This is the fifth in the series of stories by my fourth grade students that I am going to share.

As I said Tuesday, after hearing about the #NASAtweetup with Ron Garan, asking questions through my fellow tweeps, and hearing some of the answers, my fourth grade homeroom students were inspired to turn their homework where they were to write stories using their spelling words, into stories about living on the International Space Station, or just in space.

My students came up with this idea on their own, and since it was homework these are fairly rough and unedited, with the only corrections I am making as I type is in spelling. They were all very excited for the chance to share their stories with all of my "tweeps", and have been asking when their story would be "published" for everyone to read. 

Over the next couple of days I am going to share what they wrote. I will only use their first initials for their protection.

Today's story is by R. R is a 10 year old fourth grade boy in my homeroom class.

When I go and live on the International Space Station, everyone else is going to be hideous. I am going to be gorgeous and I am going to pack all of my stuff like that rhinoceros. I am going to sleep peacefully like ancient Frankenstein. Then when I wake up I'm going to see an enormous ship. It is going to be ramshackle.Then it is going to be peculiar whatsoever my commander says. Can you imagine a mammoth space station that is radiant?

Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/scienceesl

No comments: