Thursday, February 16, 2012

So which character should I be for Dr. Seuss Day?

Every year on the week of Dr. Seuss' birthday our school has an entire week of fun events to celebrate reading.  


We do door decorating contests (I have a neat idea for that up my sleeve, have to defend my win from last year!)


We have community members come in and read to our students (if you are interested in coming in contact Ms. Sampson at the school).


We have a birthday party for Dr. Seuss with cupcakes provided by a local business.  :-)


And then we have THE COSTUME DAY! 


On one day during the week (usually Friday) everyone is invited to come dressed as their favorite Dr. Seuss character.  So I have done Cat in the Hat, and I have done Horton Hears A Who, but I need ideas for this years costume! 


If you were me, who would dress up as? For a few ideas you can head to  http://www.halloweenmart.com and see what they have available, I am up for something homemade as well, but am trying to get an idea! Chime in and let me know what you think!

Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/scienceesl

No comments: