Thursday, February 02, 2012

How to Eat Fried Worms Project Day

 For the last couple of weeks in class we have been reading How To Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell in literature circles. This week is the culminating projects, book reports and worm party. Today we spent the classes working on the book projects for the students to create a 3-d representation of their understanding of the novel. Some groups planned ahead enough to bring in gummy worms for their worms, and others used string.
Some groups asked to go outside and get real dirt to use in their projects. (With their yarn worms)

 Some students chose to make a big deal out of the condiments that Billy enjoyed with his worms.
 This group really planned ahead and even brought in whoppers candy to use as their dirt.
 Tomorrow is the best part. Worm eating day! :-) Ok so they are jello worms, but right now? The kids don't know that, they have just seen this picture of the "worms" I bought for them last night. :-)
I have had the request of a video of me eating a worm tomorrow, so I will make sure to bring my camera and not just my phone. :-)
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/scienceesl

No comments: