Friday, February 17, 2012

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Melted Ice Cream Cake

OK a couple of weeks ago I found a pin on Pintrest that led me to this site on Cookies and Cups she had this recipe for melted ice cream cake....


Say What????


In her version she did it with vanilla cake and dulce de leche ice cream.


Well last night at the grocery store I had a craving for cake, and ice cream. But I wanted chocolate and peanut butter ice cream.  Well the closest B&R is 30 miles away, so it wasn't happening. Then I remembered the pin, and I wondered if I could adapt what she did to make it fit what I was craving.


I so should have taken pictures while this was in process, but I wasn't sure how it would come out. So you will just have to imagine along with me....


Ingredients:
2 cups Happy Tracks Ice Cream by Blue Bell
1 box Devils Food Cake Mix
3 eggs
about 6 heaping teaspoons of peanut butter
bundt pan...


yep that simple.


You mix the cake mix, ice cream, and eggs together, then put it in the pan. I used a bundt pan just like was suggested. Then I took peanut butter and put in about 6 teaspoons around the top of the pan. 


 Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. (I had to cook it for this long I think because of the added peanut butter). 


To make the glaze I took peanut butter (about 4 teaspoons) about a cup of powdered sugar, and about a cup of milk and mixed it up. 
The inside, and yes that is a bit of peanut butter right there... Oh my goodness I really think it might be better than peanut butter and chocolate ice cream...


Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/scienceesl

No comments: