Friday, June 13, 2008

Please keep my extended family in your thoughts and prayers

Most of my mom's side of the family live in and around Iowa City, Iowa and Cedar Rapids. As I am sure most of you have seen, they are experiencing the worst flooding that the area has ever seen.

As far as I know right now, everyone is still in their own homes, and is fine, but it is an ever changing situation. Last I heard the flood waters were fairly close to my one cousin's house, and the water was still rapidly rising.

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers, as my Grandmother recently had knee surgery and both she and my Grandfather are in their middle 80's.

There are articles about this at CNN, the Press Citizen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PPT to your family and all the others...

Kim said...

Will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers!

maryt/theteach said...

I'm real sorry about all this disaster in your family's area of the U.S. I hope they will continue to be all right! :)