Thursday, June 05, 2008

Thursday 13~ Thirteen Books I would like to have for my class


Thirteen Books I would like to have for my classroom library


1. If You Give A Pig A Pancake by Laura Numeroff

2.The Mary Celeste An Unsolved Mystery from History by Jane Yolen and Heidi Elisabet Yolen Stemple


3. Magic Tree House Series, yes the WHOLE Series! :) I love these books!

4. Little House Series Again, I loved these books growing up, and most of my students seem to enjoy them.

5. Katie Kazoo! Great books for lower level readers! Again, yes the entire series.

6. Math Curse

7. Patricia Polacco books any and all

8. Hank the Cowdog

9. Series of Unfortunate Events

10. Gary Paulsen Books

11. A to Z Mysteries

12. Beverly Cleary Books

13. Wayside School Series


Other Books that would be great to have:

Teaching with Great Tomie DePola Books And of course the books to go with it.

The Three Little Pigs~

The Three Little Pigs


The True Story of the Three Little Pigs


The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig



The Three Little Cajun Pigs


Three Little Javelinas


The Greedy Triangle

The Grapes of Math

Double Trouble in Walla Walla


Piggies in a Polka

Give Me Half


The Rag Coat


Grandfather's Journey


Spaghetti and Meatballs for All!


Boxcar Children Set

Eddie Dickens Trilogy


My America Series

Mad Science Series

All of that being said, I got to see my classroom on Tuesday.

IT IS LITTLE!!

About 1/2 the size of the classroom that I was in to finish out the year.

I am going to ask about decorating the door like most of the elementary teachers around here do with fabric that they tie the clasroom "theme" into. None of them seem to do it out there, but I can ask.

That and I want to make it a cheerful place to be, with lots of pictures and fun things. It is going to take a LOT of work, but hopefully Kelsey and I can do it.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



5 comments:

Chelle Y. said...

Oh, my goodness! I forgot about books in the classroom. I did not need them when I taught history and algebra in the middle and high school grade levels. Haha!

I am going to have to raid my son's library.

Darla said...

Those are some good books to get kids interested in reading! Nice variety, too. My kids have enjoyed several of these.

Unknown said...

i love the unfortunate events series as well!

Windy said...

We have If ya give a pig a pancake, and if ya give a mouse a cookie...( 2 of each) they are so cute..And Justin is really into the Hank the cowdog series...which is great for a kid that hates to read.

Denise Patrick said...

This is a great list of books. When my kids were elementary age we had a lot of them, but have given them all away now.

Happy TT!