Friday, June 27, 2008

They are on their way...

And made it to Detroit before DJ and I made it home from Atlanta. Natalie called and left a message saying they were there.

The airline checked them through as unaccompanied minors, so DJ and I got to go to the gate with them and we stayed until they had everyone boarded except standbys, then the gate keeper said it was safe for us to leave.

When the airline started the process of checking them in as unaccompanied, I was worried that they were going to charge us for it, but they never said a word about paying them.

DJ thought it was neat because he could see the girls luggage get loaded on the plane. Plus he could see the pilot doing preflight things in the cockpit.

Plus I made it up to the airport and 90% of the way home on a half tank of gas. I stopped in Macon on the way home and got gas there, I probably could have made it all the way, but there is NO WHERE to get gas between where I stopped and the base, so I didn't want to risk it. It helped that I didn't have to run the air since it was still cool out both directions.

No comments: