Sunday, February 03, 2008

Pacing, I feel like I am pacing

And yet, I am sitting still...

And no it has nothing to do with the fact that the younger Manning just scored with 35 seconds left in the Super Bowl.

Tonight when I got home from Lowes, (late, due to some incompetent nincompoop who didn't return to work from lunch) Kelsey told me that Mr. L called me and wanted me to call him back.

Who is Mr. L, you ask? The principal at the school that I am supposed to go in and do that long term sub for (kindergarten is what he asked me about yesterday, 5th grade was what he had asked me about earlier).

I tried calling him back before I started tutoring and got his voice mail on his cell phone. I figured he was at church since when I drove by the church the parking lot was slam packed full.

Then I tried calling again about 1/2 hour ago, and got his voice mail again. I didn't leave a message this time.

I already had planned on being at the school between 7:30 and 7:45 tomorrow to meet with the 5th grade teacher that I had already been arranged for. So I am going to keep that plan in action, and go in and see what is going on.

I am almost afraid that since Kelsey told him that I was at work, at Lowe's, and that he called an hour and a half before I got the message, that he will have given the kindergarten long term position to someone else. Which will suck, because we could really use the money if I started doing that this week (its about $15 more a day to long term sub) but at least I should still have the 5th grade long term sub position.

I am kind of upset that Kelsey didn't tell me that he had called when I called home as I was leaving work. I know it would have only been about 15 minutes earlier that I called him back, and he still probably would have been in church, but still. I didn't ask her why she didn't tell me when I called, its just something I thought of since I haven't been able to reach him.

I am praying that when I get there tomorrow morning it turns out that he was just calling to see if I was still planning on coming by tomorrow.

I am really upset with the gal from work who went to lunch at 3 and decided that she didn't have to return to work, and didn't call. From all accounts she has done this several times before, and because she is good buddies with the one head cashier she never gets in trouble for it. Which is BS if you ask me. Because not only did she inconvenience me, she made the other girl that works the registers at that end of the store go an hour over her time, which now she will have to cut that hour later in the week, and they had to close the registers in the garden center an hour earlier than they should have because I had to leave to be home to tutor at 7. What made it all stand out for me today was the fact that she was late coming back on Wednesday from her lunch, which threw all of the other lunches off by 10 minutes, then 20, then 30, then 40. And now this today.

There are some updates over on Confessions of a CF Husband, like that baby Gwyneth is off the vent and on cpap, and that Nathan got to kangaroo care with her again last night. I am praying that she is able to stay on the cpap! In the post Trust and PeaceNathan explains why Tricia is on contact isolation, please join me in prayers that drug resistant bug gets cleared up soon. I know that, that will lead to a faster recovery for her if it does, also join me in praying that her case isn't like mine was last winter.

Alice over on living life breathlessly is doing wonderfully from all accounts on her blog!


If you haven't read the book meme, scroll down and do so. ;)

1 comment:

CFHusband said...

Thank you so much for staying so up to date with our story.

I'm sorry you had such a rough day. :)