Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Stress and depression...

A good mix does not make...

I can feel myself slipping back into depression. I haven't felt like this in a couple of years, and I feel myself spiraling and getting worse each day since last Friday.

I no longer want to get up in the mornings.

I no longer want to go to work at Lowes.

I no longer want to teach online. Just the thought of pulling out my headphones in a little bit makes my head hurt.

I no longer want to cook dinner. I don't even want to eat.

I no longer want to deal with the kids. I just want to sleep. I find that I am snapping at them for little things.

I no longer even want to search for a job, I just forced myself to apply to a couple of jobs on the base, but it hurt.

I know I need to snap out of it, but I am still so upset about my observation from last week, and my phone call from Friday that I don't know how to do it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, honey. I know what it's like, and in some ways it's worse to feel that black cloud piling up on the horizon than to actually be under it already - the anticipation just sucks.

Wish there was anything I could do to help. Just know I'm thinking of you.

Wendy said...

I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way. I'm pulling for you, and I hope that this..whatever it is...is short-lived.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to read that you are feeling so down. I know you're going to get through it all though. Many hugs and know that there are lots of us praying for ya and thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

I refuse to say I'm so sorry. :D

I think you're in a good position to deal with it though, seeing it and recognizing it for what it is.

Do what you need to do to feel better, hun.

Anonymous said...

Stress is a part of life and when it comes to our jobs and how we make a living, it's something that requires our constant care and concern. Now a new study of 1,000 workers in Europe found that stressful jobs accounted for 45 per cent of new cases of depression. http://www.xanax-effects.com/