Sunday, April 13, 2008

Jerry update II

I just got back from walking up to see Jerry.

I figured I would kill two birds with one stone so to speak, and walk up there so that I could:

a. Pick up the trailblazer before it got a ticket or towed, even though the security guard last night assured me it would be fine to leave it.

b. Get in today's recommended exercise. Well actually its day 5 for me, which should be x-training, but it works. It is about 2 and 1/2 miles up to the hospital from here, which I walked (with a stop at CVS for Gatorade) in 45 minutes.

Jerry has stabilized and is feeling better, no more bleeding that they have detected. He is still really groggy and loopy feeling, but his blood pressure is not as low as it had been, which is a good thing.

His heart burn was starting to kick in when I was there, which made him not too happy, so they were going to see if they could get him something for it when I left to come home.

The nurse said that they will probably keep him in the ICU for 24 hours, then move him onto the floor. Which means the earliest we are looking at him being released would be tomorrow afternoon (if they consider the 24 hours from when he was placed on the floor), but more than likely it wont be until Tuesday.

I told Jerry that unless he or the nurse called and said that he needed something, that I would stay home the rest of the night, and go see him after my interviews tomorrow morning (visiting hours don't start until 8:30, and I have my first interview at 9). He said that was fine, because all he wants to do is sleep.

I had asked him if he wanted me to cancel my interviews that I have scheduled tomorrow so I could come up to the hospital, and he told me, NO! Guess he wants me to go, huh?

Oh and my MIL must be able to read minds. Just as I was thinking that I needed to call her and tell her what was going on, the phone rang. Now she is saying that she is going to drive over here tomorrow. Which is fine. But it just adds more stress on me. :deepyogabreath:

So now my list of things to do tomorrow looks like this:

1. Return phone call to school that I am doing the long term sub at starting at the end of the month. They called twice on Friday while I was at work, and since I didn't call home when I got to Lowes I didn't get the message until 11:30 pm.

2. Call Jerry's doctor on base and leave a message about what is going on (because I know better than to think that I might actually get to talk to her in person!)

3. Go to two interviews in county north of us. One at an Elementary school, one at a middle school.

4. Call principal of school in county west of us to set up that interview. She called on Thursday, and by the time I got home there was no one in the school.

5. Finish cleaning the house, to get it ready for MIL.

6. Visit Jerry and take care of him. Hopefully they will release him to come home, but I am not counting on it.

7. Take care of the kids.

8. Call Jerry's shop and let them know what is going on.

9. Fit in a walk, or x-training exercise.

I am sure that there is more, I just can't think of it all right now.
Post a Comment