Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I am a mean mom this morning

I don't have to be into work today until 9, because I am working at the registers all day, and I am filling in for someone that can't come in. But I thought I would take the few extra minutes and share how I am a mean mom today.

I am a mean mom, because...

I had Jerry take DJ to preschool, so that I didn't have to go on base, drop him off, and then take the car seat to Jerry's work. Neither one of them feel good today, so I doubt if they last all day. DJ sounds like a seal with his cough, though I am hoping that once he was out in the cooler air, and his zyrtec kicks in it will go away.

I am a mean mom, because...

I made Natalie clean up the bathroom this morning so that there was nothing in there for Roo to destroy. We use the bathroom as a kennel right now for Roo, and she has managed to get a hold of a couple of things the last couple of days.

I am a mean mom, because...

I made Kelsey WALK to school, after making her walk home yesterday after school. It is about 1 1/2 miles to her school from the house. Yes, I was awake, and dressed (not ready for work dressed, but sweats dressed), and I still made her walk. It does her good, she just kept putting it off in hopes it would be late enough that I would have to take her. Um didn't work.

I am a mean mom, because...

I made the girls clean, really clean the house last night. I "made" them actually do their chores properly last night, which meant doing all of the dishes, wiping off the counters, sweeping and mopping the floor (mopping because it needed it).

I am a mean mom, because...

I told the girls that today they have to do their homework before they go off to the park to play with the neighborhood kids.

I am a mean mom, because...

I made sure Natalie had her school id, bathroom pass, homework and Saxophone before she walked out the door this morning. Oh and I made sure that both she and Chris (the neighbor girl) had eaten something before they left.

2 comments:

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

Oh, you are so mean!!!!! TWO thumbs up!!
um, i'll be sure to show thomas that he is not the only teen on earth that has to clean and gets sent back to do it right.

Sheila said...

By these standards, I am often a "Mean Mom" too! :)