Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I am a mean mom this morning

I don't have to be into work today until 9, because I am working at the registers all day, and I am filling in for someone that can't come in. But I thought I would take the few extra minutes and share how I am a mean mom today.

I am a mean mom, because...

I had Jerry take DJ to preschool, so that I didn't have to go on base, drop him off, and then take the car seat to Jerry's work. Neither one of them feel good today, so I doubt if they last all day. DJ sounds like a seal with his cough, though I am hoping that once he was out in the cooler air, and his zyrtec kicks in it will go away.

I am a mean mom, because...

I made Natalie clean up the bathroom this morning so that there was nothing in there for Roo to destroy. We use the bathroom as a kennel right now for Roo, and she has managed to get a hold of a couple of things the last couple of days.

I am a mean mom, because...

I made Kelsey WALK to school, after making her walk home yesterday after school. It is about 1 1/2 miles to her school from the house. Yes, I was awake, and dressed (not ready for work dressed, but sweats dressed), and I still made her walk. It does her good, she just kept putting it off in hopes it would be late enough that I would have to take her. Um didn't work.

I am a mean mom, because...

I made the girls clean, really clean the house last night. I "made" them actually do their chores properly last night, which meant doing all of the dishes, wiping off the counters, sweeping and mopping the floor (mopping because it needed it).

I am a mean mom, because...

I told the girls that today they have to do their homework before they go off to the park to play with the neighborhood kids.

I am a mean mom, because...

I made sure Natalie had her school id, bathroom pass, homework and Saxophone before she walked out the door this morning. Oh and I made sure that both she and Chris (the neighbor girl) had eaten something before they left.
Post a Comment