Monday, January 07, 2008

My questions for the Presidental candidates

Today when I was out blogsurfing/catching up/avoiding organizing the new house/goofing off, I went to New England Mamas Tania was talking about getting an email from Bill Clinton, who was stumping for his spouse. Now Tania has it seems a mild fantasy with dear old Bill, but that is a different story. But the story got me thinking once again about what really matters to me as far as this election goes, and also about the fact that most of the candidates would not speak with Blogherand sent out/tried to send their spouses to answer woman bloggers questions.
So here in no particular order are the questions that I care about/can think of right now...
1. What changes will you implement in No Child Left Behind, and why those changes?
2. What changes do you think that educators and parents can make to make America's education stronger?
3. If your spouse or child was a member of the military where would you like to see them financially, mentally, physically in 2009 and beyond?
4. What support do you plan to give to the military in the "trenches" so to speak?
5. What support do you plan to give to the families of the military members that are injured or lost during this time of war?
6. What support do you plan to give to the families of the military members who are stationed in remote locations for over 30 days?
7. What will you do about the mortgage crisis?
8. What do you think that we as the American people can do about the mortgage crisis?
9. What will you do about the energy crisis?
10. What do you think that we as the American people can do about the energy crisis?

As I sit here and think about it, I can see in my mind what I would like to have happen on a lot of these questions, just based on how they affect me and my family, but I am realistic enough to know that I am not the be all to end all, and the changes that would be perfect for me, might hurt someone else, and the world is not a perfect place. But I would love to get some of these questions answered, maybe I should go to the candidates websites and see if I can get direct answers....

2 comments:

Kate said...

Welcome back online!

There's a Washington Post series with all of the major candidates' answers to a bunch of similar questions... I don't know the address offhand, but Willem found it pretty easily last night with some quick searching. It's a lot less confusing than trying to compare the individual websites...

Unknown said...

Hee hee Kate, I went there last night too. But I couldn't find answers to some of the questions that I was looking at so I went to the websites of the candidates, and then even went on and emailed the ones that gave you the option. I know they probably get a million and one emails a day and will probably never respond, but the ones that had the option of asking questions gave me a better vibe than the ones that didnt.